• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Request Info on general aviation

Brydown1

FY-07 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
Well this is my first post. First a little about me. I am 23 married with a 14 month old son. I am a EM2(SS) (nuke) onboard the USS Bremerton. I was just recently selected for the STA-21 as a pilot. After reading some threads I came up with the overal picture that I dont know anything about naval aviation in general. I would just like a website that I could get referenced to that would give me some general info on the types of planes and helo's and what exactly a pilot does (besides fly). Also when reading the ASTB questions I noticed that alot of people were saying they got really good scores, I scored a 5,5,4(FOFAR) and 52 but yet I was selected. Does this mean that the STA-21 program looks at different things to decide who will be a pilot? Any info on Naval Aviation or anyone who is going through the STA-21 program right now that could shed some light on the life of an OC would grealty be appreciated. I am plannning on attending Old Dom. and as other choices I might go to The Citadel, Penn State, or San Diego State.