• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

References

Status
Not open for further replies.

spsiratt

24 April OCS
Actually, all of my letters of recommendation were sent out by my recruiter. I just provided him with the addresses of those who would be writing the letters and he sent out a form to each of them. I don't know what was on the form, nor do I know what was written as they were sent directly back to him. And Brooke, I'm not talking about EPSQ references. These were for the letters of recommendation. I guess it all worked like it shoud though.

Brooke

Hmmmm, I am befuddled. I wish a form had been handed out for my letters of rec., but then again it was nice knowing what was said about me and being about to have an edge over what was written. Anyway, perhaps if I have to do this again, I'll ask my recruiter about the form...but hopefully this second time will be my charm!!

Meridiani

Like Brooke, I also had two different recruiters. My first recruiter did not mention LOR forms to me--actually, LORs were never really addressed at all. I took the initiative to have a few of my colleagues write essay-type letters for me. My second recruiter had me send out LOR forms to a few more people, and I specifically requested that these people add a page to the standard form for a personalized letter. So, my completed package contained either two or three free-form letters of recommendation, plus two more letters of recommendation attached to the standard form. I guess my point is that it didn't really matter whether my references were done using the standard form or not--what matters is that I had strong letters of recommendation. If your recruiter is sending out the standard form, be sure to speak with the people doing your recommendations, and ask them to to attach an essay-type letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.