• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

References

blakaccl1

:confused:I have references from 2 AP h.s. teachers, and about 5 from personal and family friends, including a retired nav al serviceman and a football coach from h.s. I dont have any from college because the classes were huge and also because it was nearly two years ago I graduated.
Ok so my BIG question is- Did anyone apply and get accepted without getting a reference from their former employer?? I have one job since graduating and only one job in the past 3 years. I worked there for 8 months and did really well. I got a raise after only 2 months, but I was not enjoying the job at all!! I told my boss I was going to quit and he said angrily " I hired you for the long run!" I knew he was very upset, to make matters worse he lost 3 other employees before I got there who have worked for the company over a total of 10 years. He even lost 2 employees he hired after me only 2 months into working there. It was a horrible job with no benefits. I feel I may have lost 5% of my hair during those 8 months. It was a job where you didnt have much control, you would just do your best, but usually your best wasnt good enough and many of my employees would not make any money days at a time while they were away from their family(transportation job). I dont like dealing with other people's money, it makes for a bad day especially when they dont make any.
I am stressing over this and it would be great if I can get some information on anyone has has applied and been accepted to OCS without getting a reference from their former employer?
How is my chances? I have a 3.2 gpa 7/6/7 OAR 61, and other very credible references. Please help!!

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I am stressing over this and it would be great if I can get some information on anyone has has applied and been accepted to OCS without getting a reference from their former employer?
Relax, man. You're not the first person in the world to quit a job.

The Navy will give you a references sheet where you list all previous employers during the last 7 years. They will then contact those employers themselves and ask your boss to fill out a form for them that has basic questions about your quality of work.

If your boss chooses to fill out more than that form, that's up to him. It would be rather unprofessional of him to give you bad remarks just because you decided to seek employment elsewhere, but it's a possibility. I would let your recruiter know that your previous employer wasn't happy that you were leaving.

You do not NEED employer LORs to get into OCS.

blakaccl1

My boss quit a month after I left! I think he may have moved to Mississippi or something, but i know for a fact he doesn't work there anymore. I don't now if it was my fault he quit, but he worked for that company for over 7 years so I don't know if he planned to quit or was discouraged from me quitting. I think I was suppose to be the heir to his position. The assistant Manager is still there and we didn't get along too well, maybe because he knew the boss and the regional director was really in "love" with me and always taking me out to lunch...I hope my future doesnt rest in his hands!

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
According to me recruiter contrary possibly to what Spek said above was that all employers in the last 3 years must provide a LOR form. However they also made note that if I could not contact one I could write a written statement saying something along the lines that I had exhausted all means etc etc.

FDX

It's mind games!

Relax guy. It's not going to make or break you. I got fired from a job for banging my manager a couple of years ago. I had to put that on there (in different words of course) and explain it and I still got in. The fact that you're stressin means you must care, which is good, but really, relax. It will all work out. Good luck.

P.S. Glad your attitude is better this time :D:D

blakaccl1

thanks!! Alot of people have been telling me not to worry, but it's hard. I will go have a beer and chill:icon_smil

Great stats

3.2 GPA/61/ 7 and 8s. You should be a shoe in. As long as you don't have any significant past criminal activity (think DUI) and can make the physical standards, then don't even sweat the recommendation.

Try to contact your former employer in Mississippi, if you cannot, then you are in the clear because you have 3 other references. Remember, your recruiter should send out the blank reference forms for your contacts.

Even without a job reference, your numbers should carry you to a selection easily based on the past couple of months acceptance rates.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
I got fired from a job for banging my manager a couple of years ago. I had to put that on there (in different words of course)

Haha, now you've got me wondering what words could be used to make that sound better.

BullGator

Haha, now you've got me wondering what words could be used to make that sound better.
Probably "inappropriate relations with a co-worker/manager". But that is a good, funny story. -I had to be the one that sucks the life out of a good story. heh. On that note, let the imagination run...