• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reduced Charges and Wavers

rocketman22

Three summers ago I was stopped driving thru SC at a DUI check point and was given a ticket for misdemeanor possession of pot. I was never arrested just given a ticket and sent on my way. I went to court without an attorney, fessed up to the magistrate and ended up with a ticket for disorderly conduct. The possession charge was dropped. I was never in trouble before and haven't been in trouble since. I've more than cleaned my act up and want to apply for the Marines PLC-Aviation program.

I know I have to apply for a waver. Am I wasting my and others time or is there a decent chance that the waver will be approved?

What about just for PLC and not aviation?

My grandfather was a Marine pilot (SNJ, HellCat, AD-1, Panther), my dad was a Marine grunt and my brother is currently stationed with the Marines in 29 Palms. I'll really feel bad if I've screwed my chances up to the point that I can't be a part of that family tradition.

Than you for your advice in advance.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Waiver for disorderly conduct doesn't sound like too big of a deal to get approved. You won't know for sure unless you apply.

rocketman22

Thanks for the reply Zippy.

I'm going to apply for sure. In fact I'm going to see them in the morning.

What I'm worried about more than anything else is the pot "ticket". Even though it didn't stick, that's what I was charged with at first. When I fill out the papers for my security clearance will I be asked about convictions or arrests?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I wouldn't sweat it as long as you're up front about it. I've seen Nukes get selected who had a pot waiver in their package, so I'm sure the Marines will take 'ya.