• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recruiter quotas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

novemberboy

Navy Bound
This is my first post to this *very* helpful community. I'm a 24 year old NFO-hopeful, graduating from college at the end of the summer. Good to be here, and hello to everyone.

This is purely for the sake of my curiousity -- my question is in regard to the recruiting quota of an officer recruiting establishment. When does a recruit actually count in their quota? Is it after they've been pro-recced, or after all the final paperwork? Or what?

Any info would be appreciated. Thank you!

GSKiker

SNA On my Way to P'cola
novemberboy said:
This is my first post to this *very* helpful community. I'm a 24 year old NFO-hopeful, graduating from college at the end of the summer. Good to be here, and hello to everyone.

This is purely for the sake of my curiousity -- my question is in regard to the recruiting quota of an officer recruiting establishment. When does a recruit actually count in their quota? Is it after they've been pro-recced, or after all the final paperwork? Or what?

Any info would be appreciated. Thank you!

I do not know the answer to that question, but I do know that people recruited to be Officers are not recruits, they are either Officer Candidates or Middies. Just so you know, becasue if you start talking about recruits, people will think you are talking about enlisted guys. Being a prior enlisetd, I found that out really quick.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
An officer recruiter gets "credit" for the accession when the officer candidate out posts from the Indoc battalion and begins routine (more or less) training. A recent graduate can correct me but in the old days out posting from indoc occurred 7-10 days from arrival. If a candidate DORs or is NPQed during Indoc, the recruiter gets no credit.

Agent00JP

So my recruiter had a lot riding on me making it through outpost? If the Navy gives them credit for an officer candidate then, why did I have to wait another 12 weeks to get my commission? (j/k)

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What, it wasn't worth the wait! The powers that be have decided that the recruiter has a responsibility to prepare his candidate for the rigors of Indoc. If a guy DORs in Indoc they might figure that the recruiter could have better prepared the candidate. If a guy DORs after 10 weeks he has some problem with his decision that likely couldn't have been anticipated by a recruiter. BTW. Credit is given at time of enlistment for BDCP and NUPOC students. That is because their contract doesn't give them a clear DOR out. They are obligated to the Navy for the money they got while in school and may just end up in boot camp if they drop of OCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.