• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reconsiderations

SHART

Has anyone in the recent years submitted a package reconsideration, and if so how? Reading the 1420.1B chapter 4 paragraph 10 is pretty vague on the process. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Disclaimer: I did do a search and didn't find any recent forums or how the process goes and or what forms are used.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
You need to make "substantial" improvements to your application if you want your application to be reconsidered within the 6 month window. This includes improved ASTB scores, improving GPA, etc.

Simply resubmitting the same application does not count.

FormerRecruitingGuru

And to answer your question, it's usually a letter requesting reconsideration based on X factors (which are mentioned above). If you don't make any substantial improvements, you must submit a brand new kit after the 6 months from when you last applied.

SHART

You need to make "substantial" improvements to your application if you want your application to be reconsidered within the 6 month window. This includes improved ASTB scores, improving GPA, etc.

Simply resubmitting the same application does not count.

I understand having to have made improvements, I guess my question is do I make the changes on the 1420 application and or add the documents to the package? How do they know it's a reconsideration versus a new submission? Where do I outline the changes made between then and now, and does the CO sign the package as he would any other yet acknowledge it as a resubmission?

FormerRecruitingGuru

I understand having to have made improvements, I guess my question is do I make the changes on the 1420 application and or add the documents to the package? How do they know it's a reconsideration versus a new submission? Where do I outline the changes made between then and now, and does the CO sign the package as he would any other yet acknowledge it as a resubmission?

My last post answers all of this.

SHART

My last post answers all of this.

I appreciate the feedback, but am still semi lost. Do I make the changes outlined in the reconsideration letter to my package as a whole, or do I just submit the items that have changed between last board and now? With the confusion on my part with the process and submission with a reconsideration, would it be best to submit my package as a whole for the next board in two months. Thank you again for the feedback.

exNavyOffRec

I appreciate the feedback, but am still semi lost. Do I make the changes outlined in the reconsideration letter to my package as a whole, or do I just submit the items that have changed between last board and now? With the confusion on my part with the process and submission with a reconsideration, would it be best to submit my package as a whole for the next board in two months. Thank you again for the feedback.

To prevent me having to figure out what you scored and such what did you apply for, what was your ASTB and GPA on the application, and what did you do to improve?

FormerRecruitingGuru

You only submit the items that have changed. If still confused, you can ask the OCS questions email.

SHART

To prevent me having to figure out what you scored and such what did you apply for, what was your ASTB and GPA on the application, and what did you do to improve?

I applied for SNA GPA is 3.4 previous ASTB scores were 45 5/6/5. Since then I recieved a new eval and increased my ASTB to 53 6/7/7, and have completed 25 hours for my private pilot license. I'm active duty and strongly think it was my low ASTB score, and after talking with a recruiter in my area him and another said nothing stood out as why I didnt get selected. He did agree that the min astb score could have been the factor.

FormerRecruitingGuru

I have and am awaiting a response, just thought there may be others that have been through the process that could help.

Is there a phone number? I would try calling to follow up. You also worked with a fleet processor... he or she is another point of contact.

parkers18

Has anyone in the recent years submitted a package reconsideration, and if so how? Reading the 1420.1B chapter 4 paragraph 10 is pretty vague on the process. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Disclaimer: I did do a search and didn't find any recent forums or how the process goes and or what forms are used.

I applied 2 years ago and was denied. I decided to go back to school & get my MBA (made sure my GPA was very strong), get a better job that showed leadership, volunteer more, etc. I had to submit a reconsideration letter with my package detailing those things. This is a separate letter btw (doesn't need to be very long). I believe mine was a short paragraph but the quality of the content in it was great.

SHART

Is there a phone number? I would try calling to follow up. You also worked with a fleet processor... he or she is another point of contact.

I have called a few times yesterday to no avail. I will try again today as well. I do have a Lieutenant in my command who I have asked and is doing research as well as he is unfamiliar with the process. I have tried multiple avenues before posting on here in hopes someone has completed the process.

exNavyOffRec

I applied for SNA GPA is 3.4 previous ASTB scores were 45 5/6/5. Since then I recieved a new eval and increased my ASTB to 53 6/7/7, and have completed 25 hours for my private pilot license. I'm active duty and strongly think it was my low ASTB score, and after talking with a recruiter in my area him and another said nothing stood out as why I didnt get selected. He did agree that the min astb score could have been the factor.

I think it is fairly certain you were a no because of your scores, and retake of the ASTB is all you need to go to board again and what really matters, no one really cares about flight hours.

SHART

I think it is fairly certain you were a no because of your scores, and retake of the ASTB is all you need to go to board again and what really matters, no one really cares about flight hours.

So submit a letter to the board with what I have done since August, and include my ASTB score behind the letter? Where on the package does the Commanding Officer sign? Also am I correct in understanding the reconsideration can be sent at any time or is it sent to the next available board? Thank you for your help!