• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Randy Haskin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Randy,

Welcome to the boards. It's good to see another accomplished aviator (like John, Matt, and Frumby) here on the Forum talking on various military aviation subjects. A winged Air Force pilot is definately something this forum needs. I am glad you finally decided to come over to see us.

For those do not know who Randy is, here's the scoop. He's an Air Force F-15E driver. He pretty much is the celebrity and resident expert on the Military Flying forum over on Studentpilot.net. He gets bombarded with some of the craziest questions I ever seen and actually makes time to answer them.

He also has a great website up full of information about Air Force training at www.militarypilot.com. For all you guys asking about Vance or just wondering how these Air Force guys train, this is the man to ask.

Personally, I think John should put up a category specifically for questions for Randy (hint, hint John!)

p.s. Randy, I do know what the ROE for prosecuting a sub is.

Edited by - steve wilkins on 04/12/2001 20:42:25

Randy Haskin

"It's good to see another accomplished aviator (like John, Matt, and Frumby)"

Yes, absolutely. I'm here to learn and listen more than anything. My brother's a recently-separated P-3 driver and, although I've had to listen to years and years of his relentless drivel about how god navy *pilots* are, I really don't know much about the process.

Plus, I've got a secret desire to get an exchange assignment flying Hornets somewhere! :)

"He pretty much is the celebrity and resident expert on the Military Flying"

What?? Naaah, I'm just an ordinary dude like you all who's lucky enough to fly the World's Finest Tactical Fighter (let's see how many flame wars I can start with THAT comment here!) for a living. Thanks for the intro, though.

"He also has a great website up full of information about Air Force training at www.militarypilot.com."

Thanks for the plug, but the ".com" extension was already owned by someone else, so I had to go with "militarypilot.net"

"p.s. Randy, I do know what the ROE for prosecuting a sub is."

You'll have to forgive my memory completely s--ting the bed on this one, but this was a thread over on the other board, right?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Randy, as already mentioned before, welcome to the boards, great to hear different thoughts and inputs on some of the discussions that get generated here.

Dave Shutter

Hey Randy, I checked out your site, nice journal. I was also over at Eagle Country chekcing out the pics. Is it my imagination or is the underbody of the "E", particularly around the engine nacelles, beefier than the regular Eagle? It looks that way. Also, on a real mission, after dropping all of your ordnance and burning excess fuel, how well could you maneuver compared to a regular Eagle?

D

Randy Haskin

"Is it my imagination or is the underbody of the "E", particularly around the engine nacelles, beefier than the regular Eagle?"

You're absolutely correct -- the engine bays were built intentionally larger with the thought that it might eventually be able to house "next generation" engines. Who knows if that's ever gonna happen...

"how well could you maneuver compared to a regular Eagle?"

Sometimes better, sometimes worse. On the upside, the E-model is a no-kidding 9-G jet and the 15C is not (8 or 8.5, I think), so if we had the power to sustain that kind of turn, we could have that advantage. On the downside, though, we have the extra drag of the CFTs, LANTIRN pods, and *especially* the bomb racks. All that extra stuff combines to give us a quicker energy bleed-off rate than the C-model.

ASUPilot

Hey Randy!

I heard that the USAF was upgrading the Strike Eagle's engines next week to the NG 40,000lb variant. Oh, sorry, that must be the coffee talking...

ASUPilot (Hayden)
Captain, C182
Desk Jocky

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Hey Randy,
Welcome aboard. Have we met? Your name seems quite familiar. I was in Cherry Point and in Kadena but I think I recall your name from conversations with Southwest pilots. You "Civilians in Blue Uniforms" are thick as thieves at SWA. Maybe but I'm unsure. Let me know. Semper Fi! Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Randy Haskin

Thanks for the warm welcome, Frumby. If they're talking about me over at Southwest, I must have been an unruly passenger, heh heh. I'm still a new guy in the fighter community; on my first operational fighter tour with 300 hours in the Strike Eagle and just getting into flight lead upgrade. I spent over 3 years prior to flight school as a maintenance officer out at Nellis working on Vipers and munitions.

I'm just down the road from Cherry Point at Seymour Johnson AFB.

As retarded as it seems to sound on an internet message board, I go by "Hacker" in the jet...

Status
Not open for further replies.