• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random question about lightbulbs in the world down under

Random8145

A person told me that on the nuclear submarines, they have lightbulbs that essentially last permanently, that you can bang around and they won't break or anything, basically nothing like those ultra-fragile lightbulbs the civilian world has to use, which burn out easily, have fragile filaments, can shatter, etc...is this true?

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
This is very untrue. If the light bulbs on subs lasted forever they would have no need for a whole division of EMs to continuously change them. I have seen them change an entire engine room worth of light bulbs out just to "make it brighter" prior to a shipboard inspection.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
From the title, I thought this was going to be about counter-clockwise screwing light bulbs in Australia. Oh well.

EM1

Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit
We just used the errie green reactor glow to find our way around the back of the boat.

That is when they turned off the strobe lights :D

"One ship, one crew, one screw. And one big shaft back aft"

Cleonard19

Contributor
I guess this answers the old question of how many it takes to change a lightbulb! :)

Well yeah, isn't it obvious? One person to change the lightbulb, the rest of the division to hunt down RC-div after they make their best cockroach impersonation when the light comes back on.