• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Randolph Housing Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorNFO

SNFO in Primary
I requested panel nav after Primary and theres a good chance I'll get it based on the breakdown of my class. My question is if anyone currently stationed at Randolph knows of any good web sites for rental houses (not apartments) closeby. Any help would be appreciated.

BYSun

Housing options greatly depends on whether or not you are married. If you are, great!!!...you get to live off base and collect that magnificent BAH.....and you also get to put up with the hellishness that ensues just trying to get onto base in the morning (construction has caused SEVERE traffic delays around here). If you arent married, then most likely you will be living in the NAV dorms (like myself), and there is very little getting around this (read: you WILL be in the dorms) which sucks at first, but is acutally pretty cool when you get a load of the gucci AF facilities around base, and your AF neighbors are pretty cool folk :>

If you are the former, I could probably throw some rental info your way, or you can get "house hunting" leave and visit Randolph early (also something I did). That way you can visit the base housing office which is extremely helpful in finding good local rentals.

Let me know if I can help you more...and good luck

B

GatorNFO

SNFO in Primary
Bysun, Thanks for the info. I should have mentioned in my first post that I'm married with a child, so I'll be looking for off base housing. I agree that the single folks have no choice but to live in the BOQ on base and forfeit the BAH. Its pretty much that way everywhere. I came across the web site for the housing office there so I guess I'll contact them on Monday. Thanks again for your help.

rjack14

F/A-18F WSO (FRS)
None
What class breakdown was that? We had one slot for those who wanted the easy and plentiful life.

Status
Not open for further replies.