• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quick NAMI question

smustang51

OK, just got pro rec'd SNA in the November board and have a question regarding NAMI. I checked all over AW and couldn't find a real definitive answer to this question. I had asthma as a kid, until about age 12 (as all of these questions start) and submitted my med docs and prt info for the board. I was approved at meps, they didn't even ask me questions about asthma and I am wondering if I should expect a methacholine challenge during OCS for NAMI? Is it one of those deals where they see it and automatically administer the test??

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
I took mine prior to submitting all of the paperwork, I thought it was required for the waiver process. Talk to your recruiter and see if you have already gotten a waiver for asthma, your final select will be delayed until you get that. Just an FYI, that waiver is only good for commissioning, you'll get another one at NAMI in Pensacola, not a big deal, its just paperwork.

MSkinsATC

pilot
I put down that I had asthma as a child on all paperwork and no one ever said anything about it, MEPS, NAMI, OCS...nada, so who knows, but good luck!!

smustang51

That's crazy...I'm finding out more and more that there never seems to be a real standard to anything having to do with NAMI...