• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions about the form for schedule of classes

navyboy4415

I have question regarding my schedule of classes for the remainder of my time at my school. The schedules of classes that I am submitting are the ones REQUIRED to graduate with a Civil Engineering degree. Now I'm taking Spanish 2-4 the next two and half years (applies to the Engineering degree as humanities electives) and there is a certification available where if I studied abroad one summer and took 5 Latin American related classes while studying abroad I would graduate with a certification in Latin American Studies.

Since that decision is still up in the air and has no effect on my graduation date the adviser and I left that off the class list. Is that what we were supposed to do? Either way I am taking the Spanish classes I'm just not sure if I want to study abroad yet and I have no idea what classes I would take IF I studied abroad.
Thanks =).

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Since that decision is still up in the air and has no effect on my graduation date the adviser and I left that off the class list. Is that what we were supposed to do? Either way I am taking the Spanish classes I'm just not sure if I want to study abroad yet and I have no idea what classes I would take IF I studied abroad.
Thanks =).

In my opinion this is the correct action to do. The big deal is major and graduation date. Seeing as you said they would not change with you taking the Spanish classes, I do not forsee any problems.

Now for studying abroad, that could be a new problem. If you have signed the contract, you are limited to where you can go. I have been to Canada and did not have any problems. You need to have an address of where you are staying and a contact number there. This is all up to approval of someone, somewhere. Who this is I do not know. Be careful though because you may be restricted if you want to stay in Columbia or Panama for an extended period of time. This reason for this limitation is due to the fact that visiting certain countries will restrict your ability to receive a security clearance. Sure studying abroad for a summer in North Korea might sound fun, but it may catch someone's attention.