• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions about Proboards

Creeping_Geep

With the exception of the second question, these questions aren't likely to help anyone with their applications. I'm just a public policy guy curious about processes.

-Who are the board members? Are they just random senior officers chosen by the community sponsors?
-For fleet applicants, what portions of our service records does the board have access to?
-Is there a physical board, or are candidate applications + service records pushed to members individually?
-Any insight as to why the Navy has opted to not make this information publicly available? Other boards (e.g., enlisted advancement boards) publicly announce board members, selection criteria, what parts of a candidate's record are available for review, the dates the board convenes and adjourns, the board's location, etc.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
I am curious about your guy's records as well. I applied as a civilian, but my application included all of my fitness reports (equivalent to your evals). I did not submit my OMPF files (schools/training, LOAs, Certcoms, things like that), but most of it is referred to in my fitness reports.

exNavyOffRec

With the exception of the second question, these questions aren't likely to help anyone with their applications. I'm just a public policy guy curious about processes.

-Who are the board members? Are they just random senior officers chosen by the community sponsors?
-For fleet applicants, what portions of our service records does the board have access to?
-Is there a physical board, or are candidate applications + service records pushed to members individually?
-Any insight as to why the Navy has opted to not make this information publicly available? Other boards (e.g., enlisted advancement boards) publicly announce board members, selection criteria, what parts of a candidate's record are available for review, the dates the board convenes and adjourns, the board's location, etc.

It depends on the designator, for CEC it is the CEC AO's and the senior member is their boss (a CDR), for some it can be the Dir or OCS accessions, each designator is different.

Only what is submitted in the OCS checklist.

It depends, some will actually get together to review the file containing the applicants, some will review while on a conference call.

It is public after the fact, signed by the board members. Items to be reviewed are on the OCS checklist. The board dates are a bit tricky as they often don't sign and consider the board complete until after NRC has attached OCS dates to each person so that can make a 1 or 2 day board look like weeks and board location is irrelevant.