• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions about NFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

grouch

Well Glenn, there is nothing saying you can't be a flight engineer. That is the third seat I was refering to. The only planes the have one are your DC10/11, L1011, and 727 so for the most part you are looking at freight. The FAA requires you to take a rather substantial flight engineer test to get the rating. And as far as the pilots license go, you need a commercial multi,ATP.

Kraftwerk

Yes of course, you need your multiengine instrument rating.
Everybody starts out as a third seat (if there is one in the civillian airliner type) then on up the ladder. The pay cut is immense vice your last year of active duty for the first year, then picks up.
K

grouch

I know a guy that is third seat on a DC10 for FedEx with no intention to move up. Happy were he's at making good money. I believe he is in the 140 range. My retirement will be different so I am not really concerned with what to do after. I panama hats, loose fitting shirts, tropic breese and a hole lot of fishing! Job? Who needs one?!

rhollin1

Well, looks like we "kind of" stayed on the subject. I have officially completed my package and now my recruiter has informed me that he has a few things to do before getting it out. Unfortunately he is going out of town for official business and will not be back until 09Nov so who knows when it will be submitted. Patience is a virtue or something.

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

Status
Not open for further replies.