• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questionable Eligibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doerbird

Just finished college. Education Major. Low GPA = 2.7 I was arrested for loitering and prowling then subsequently issued aDUI citation at the station. I wasn't driving at all, rather sitting in a parked car. The cops pushed the envelope tried to screw me and it didn't work. Both charges were dropped by the Solicitor General. But the fact remains that I was involved in some questionable behavior. I was not drinking when the cops showed up. On one was. I had been drinking about two hours previous. About four beers. Not at all messed up, not at all causing trouble, just hanging out at a park. The DUI will show up as having the charges dropped on my record. I'm just hoping to have the oppurtunity to explain my story. Might get by with the one mistake early in life clause. Any horror stories that got by??
Shaky ground no doubt. But I have a flying background. My grandaddy was an Army Fighter Pilot in WWI. I'll have my private pilot's lisence in a couple more months now. I can pass the ASTB no problem with a nice high average score with my good Math and mechanical skills and flying background. Worried about my low GPA and my blemished record. If the slots are as open as you guys post, I may have a chance.

Who knows what?

--Doerbird

kent1644

Doerbird,

I can't help you as far as answering the questions about your record, but I will tell you that there are not very many pilot slots around. My recruiter and lots of other peoples recruiters on this website have said that all the pilot slots are full for all of 2003. They will be opening up the slots for 2004 in october.

Valion310

I would also double check with a recruiter about your GPA, I'm not sure of the minimum for SNA slots right now, but I would find out if 2.7 is to low. They could probably tell you the answer to your questionable record question.

HOpe it helps.

Valion310 out-

Status
Not open for further replies.