• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question on Terminology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gryphon

hey guys,

i swore in for Navy OCS last week for Supply. had a question though. on the papers i signed, it said I was accepted in the "Navy Reserves." why did it say that? shouldn't it say i got accepted into the US Navy. not the Reserves?? just confused here.

Thanks.

helmet91

contemplating applying again...
well, from what I have heard you are technically in the Reserves until your training is complete, hence the "Reserves" part.

also, from a brief given to my Reserve center a few months ago by VADM Cotton, there is no longer a Navy and a Naval Reserve-- it's all one big happy family called the United States Navy...

perhaps someone else can chime in...

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Actually, you'll be in the USNR until you augment. All Officers (minus Limited Duty) are commissioned into the USNR. Also, you might read that your obligations is 8 years. 4 active duty, 4 reserves (which can be spent drilling in the active, or doing nothing in inactive). Nothing to be alarmed about.

Status
Not open for further replies.