• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question on scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkolker

My recruiter told me I got a 61 on the OAR and a 6 out of 9 on the AQR. Are these any good? Does the AQR matter if I'm not applying for pilot/nfo?

I feel that I can do better. I didn't study for it and, due to work, when in with about 45 minutes of sleep. I had no clue about the spatial section; couldn't remember much from my physics class (been 12 years); and couldn't tell you what parts do what on a plane...I have since refreshed/learned all of that. I know that if I screw up and do worse, I'm stuck with the bad score. If I can get my OAR up to 68-70, will it make much difference? Will a higher AQR help with non-flight positions?

sirenia

Sub Nuke's Wife
Congratulations!!! I think your score is really good. Your score does not require a bump. It is fine just as is, in my opinion. I was told that if you are not going SNFO/SNA you shouldn't worry about your AQR scores. Considering that you did not really study much, you have done a really good job. What does your recruiter say now about your chances? I scored a 53 (lousy, I know) and my recruiter told me not to take the test again. He was expecting a 60 from me and said that anything above a 57 would be really competitive. Disappointed him. Oh well!! Once again, congratulations!!

mkolker

Thank you. I've always done well on tests in large part because I'm a good (err...lucky) guesser.

I was thinking that retaking a test and getting a better score may show determination and a self-improvement mentality.

Good luck with your app!

bigsur009

waiting not so patiently for OCS...
I got a 55 on my OAR and 9/9 on the SNA/NFO composites, and my recruiter said that my scores were competitive.

He also said that it depends a lot on your college GPA as to what OAR score you need to be competitive. (i.e. someone with a 4.0 would be okay with a 50, but someone with a 2.8 would need 60+ to be competitive or something to that effect). So, if your college grades are good, then you did one h*ll of a job and probably shouldn't worry about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.