• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

question for lift pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor2216

Is it possible to land a passenger type aircraft such as the 737/777/747.. with no engines at all..what about a fighter with no engines? I saw it in a cheesy movie so it got me wondering. Thanks.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Well, I landed a T-45 with no engine. I guess your answer would be the same as Josh's yup. Of course, I have to admit, I was sh#tting NOMEX for a week because my sphincter had clamped down so tight but I landed without ejecting. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Goliath112

hmm i read on the internet that its about 17:1. If you remember back a few years there was an Air Transat A330-200 that completely ran out of useable gas and was able to land some 115 miles away at an AFB in the Azores. it glided for 20 min, but it busted all its tires when it landed.you can read about it here.

http://www.aviationsafetyonline.com/articles/english/20010910_air_transat_13_minutes.html

man the wait is killing me

Status
Not open for further replies.