• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question between pilot score and navigator score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kycntryboy

pilot
I just tood the ASTB a couple days ago, and I had a question, I had different scores for being a pilot (6,6) and being a navigator (6,7), if the BI is not factored into any grading, then why would my marks differ?
banghead_125.gif
Also I was woundering what you think my chances would be, I am going to try to get in the long haul for the 30 month program, with 3.33 gpa in Agriculture Biotechnology, (a "technical" degree) and I scored a 56 raw score on my OAR; I weight, 233 but I play college football at UK, I have 13% body fat and in the process of burning more fat off. Any Suggestions would help.

AZSkegee

How tall are you. I am a power lifter, and according to the Navy I am around 20% body fat at 5'10 196, I can do 100 push ups/ sit ups and need to run at least a few times a week to get that time in. But if you go to the bupers.navy.mil website you should find PRT info and how the navy will measure your Body Fat

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Your scores are different for pilot and NFO because they look at different things for each score. Ask your recruiter to show you the printout of your test score- it will show you which sections of the test are counted for each score (OAR, PFAR, ect)and how each section is weighted (not all are weighted the same). If you can get your hands on this printout then your scores will all make A LOT more sense.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It is not navigator. It is Naval Flight Officer (NFO). Some NFOs are navs, but most are not. If you do get NFO offered and know nothing but what a recruiter told you about it then come back to this site and some of us can tell you all about it. You are in the ballpark on scores. Ht/Wt/body fat may be a problem as you now know. You should be ok in the end. If you do get turned down just apply again, that will still leave alot of money left to be "earned" while waiting for the adventure of your life. It is worth the extra effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.