• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question about vision for jet pilots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

submarinerssbn

i was told by the flight surgeon that i have 20/20 but might need glasses when flying.... will this prevent me from getting picked up for jets ? When he did my optometry test he never dialated my eyes i just had the information filled out by a previous physical i did for sta-21. He said i have a stigmatizm(spelling) and it will get worse as i get older, is that true and can lasic correct this minor deficency or not?

if this wont prevent me i was just wondering how many of you guys how many of you fall into this category?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
i was told by the flight surgeon that i have 20/20 but might need glasses when flying.... will this prevent me from getting picked up for jets ? When he did my optometry test he never dialated my eyes i just had the information filled out by a previous physical i did for sta-21. He said i have a stigmatizm(spelling) and it will get worse as i get older, is that true and can lasic correct this minor deficency or not?

if this wont prevent me i was just wondering how many of you guys how many of you fall into this category?

If your eyes are good enough to get you into the SNA pipeline, they're good enough for jets. Don't believe everything Chuck Yeager says. No one cares if you have better eyes than someone else, just as long as you're within limits.

I have an astigmatism as well. My vision has slowly become "worse" (it's all relative) over the years, but I'm still WELL within limits. Don't sweat it, just plan on wearing glasses when you fly.

kenzie

I have terrible eye sight. Without my contacts in I can not see my hand in font of my face clearly. I don’t know the specific numbers on how bad it is, but I have been told with Lasik it should be correctable to 20/20. if I get Lasik am I still eligible to fly jets?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I have terrible eye sight. Without my contacts in I can not see my hand in font of my face clearly. I don’t know the specific numbers on how bad it is, but I have been told with Lasik it should be correctable to 20/20. if I get Lasik am I still eligible to fly jets?

Question has been answered. Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.