• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question about spouse employment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

usnflyboy1977

Stashed SNA
I am currently looking for someone who is a lawyer and is married to a sailor. I was just wondering want job opportunities may be available to prospective lawyers. I currently have a report date for API of April 1, 2005 and my wife will be joining me in May upon completing her Law Degree. We were just looking for someone to talk to, that has made the moves and knows a little about what jobs are available to lawyers in different states, with the sailor transferring every three years or so. If anyone can shed some light on this topic please email me at kevinshannon@cox.net. Thank you.

perchul

I'm not an attorney but all my friends from college are so I asked them. They didn't actually have any ideas all they knew was that she could probably be picked up by the public defenders office as long as she could excpect to be there at least 2 years. I ran by them the idea of firms that specialize in DUI's an they agreed that would also make sense. In South Florida we have a bunch of Firms that do this, one called the ticket clinic has 9 offices...its not glamourous or tremendously lucrative but its more then 0-1 and 0-2's make for sure.

NFOwife

Aviator Spouse
Once they pass the bar, I would look into being a lawyer for a consulting firm (kind of like a lawyer temp agency). I don't know where to find them though, but I know they exist. She won't be able to commit to a long-term job at the stage you're in, it's just not a possibility.

jchase01

Hey Kevin,

Has your wife joined the message board yet? I am in a similar situation and would love to chat with her as she proceeds through the transition. She should join the private spouses corner.

snow85

Come on, the FBI would have given him twins!
she can also do contract work for law firms where you live....

there's your 'city of x' legal department, school districts, hospitals.... everyone needs attorneys.

check out your nearest u.s. atty's office-- they're always looking for people.

Status
Not open for further replies.