• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question about going to Air Force or Navy?

I graduated from college last year and I started the my application for Navy OCS in the beginning of my senior year. It took me a while to decide what I wanted to do as initially I applied for aviation but didn't do good on the ATSB and changed my mind to Intel. So far I have filled out most of the forms with the only thing left is MEPS. I have also decided to apply to the Air Force as enlisted because I don't have good enough GPA for their OCS and their recruiter was telling me that I could apply for their OCS after 2 years of enlistment. My primary reason for joining the military is to get a job as I haven't been able to get a single one in the civilian side ever since I graduated and even before that while I was in school. Also I don't think I will be able to wait a couple months to wait for the OCS decision because of student loans, declining job prospects and being bored at home, so I have been thinking about asking my recruiter about going enlisted in the Navy and what is their way of doing things.

Is it okay to apply to two branches and should I let both recruiters know?
Does the Navy has some sort of similar route to the air force regarding enlistment to OCS?
What is it like being enlisted in Air Force vs the Navy?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I graduated from college last year and I started the my application for Navy OCS in the beginning of my senior year. It took me a while to decide what I wanted to do as initially I applied for aviation but didn't do good on the ATSB and changed my mind to Intel. So far I have filled out most of the forms with the only thing left is MEPS. I have also decided to apply to the Air Force as enlisted because I don't have good enough GPA for their OCS and their recruiter was telling me that I could apply for their OCS after 2 years of enlistment. My primary reason for joining the military is to get a job as I haven't been able to get a single one in the civilian side ever since I graduated and even before that while I was in school. Also I don't think I will be able to wait a couple months to wait for the OCS decision because of student loans, declining job prospects and being bored at home, so I have been thinking about asking my recruiter about going enlisted in the Navy and what is their way of doing things.

Is it okay to apply to two branches and should I let both recruiters know?
Does the Navy has some sort of similar route to the air force regarding enlistment to OCS?
What is it like being enlisted in Air Force vs the Navy?

1. Yes you can apply for both officer despite the USAF trying to lie and saying otherwise (they usually do)
2. If you go enlisted it will be even harder to apply for OCS.
3. Depends on your enlisted job.

For everything else, sit down with your officer recruiter (Navy) and come up with a good plan moving forward. The officer route can take a while to get in, but in return you will be going officer vice enlisted. If you are dire timing and understand you will be enlisted for 2-3 years before you can submit an officer package, go for it. Be advised, it's much more difficult applying as enlisted than being a civilian. Additionally, the GPA and ASTB score follow you as enlisted. A 2.6 GPA is still a 2.6.