• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question about enlisted background when applying to OCS

boloclimb

Hello I am currently enlisted active duty in the Navy and have a question, will things like getting sent to XOI have a big impact on getting selected to become an officer?

I plan on getting a degree and applying to OCS after my contract ends but unfortunately I got sent to XOI on my first deployment (bit of a long story) and am wondering if that is a huge deal breaker for becoming an officer or if its just a bad track on my record.

Thanks in advance.

linearmode

Take a look at the overall instruction for submitting an officer package: OPNAVINST 1420.1B which you can find at MyNavyHR website. Viewing the instruction, under OCS you will find the following for eligibility:
(2) Of good moral character and have no record of
disciplinary action within 3 years of application.
Hope that answers your question.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hello I am currently enlisted active duty in the Navy and have a question, will things like getting sent to XOI have a big impact on getting selected to become an officer?

I plan on getting a degree and applying to OCS after my contract ends but unfortunately I got sent to XOI on my first deployment (bit of a long story) and am wondering if that is a huge deal breaker for becoming an officer or if its just a bad track on my record.

Thanks in advance.
If you didn't then go to CO's mast, presumably your "case" was dismissed at XOI. If that's the case, then you should be good to go.