• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PTS Concerns

jsm147

First of all I'd like to say thank you for creating a community where officer hopefuls, like myself, can find information on different paths to commissioning. I've followed this website since 2008 and absolutely appreciate the breadth of information on this website.

I'm in the USN-R as an MN2 and PTS has finally come around to us. Initially I had no concern with it as I have proven my worth as a competent sailor to my unit with my Evals reflecting that (3.97 avg.), until I read the application. One specific part (#17) in particular worries me as it asks that all immediate family members be U.S. citizens. I'm a first generation U.S. citizen and while both my step-dad and mom have naturalized--my oldest sister is only a resident. The application specifically asks for all immediate family members to be U.S. citizens. With that in mind, am I automatically disqualified from reenlisting and/or commissioning? Also wanted to add that all my siblings are half-brothers/sisters, but I lived with them my entire life up until I enlisted at 17.

I have searched the web and this site and have not found an answer to this yet. I have no doubt in my mind I want to be a U.S. Navy Officer.

exNavyOffRec

First of all I'd like to say thank you for creating a community where officer hopefuls, like myself, can find information on different paths to commissioning. I've followed this website since 2008 and absolutely appreciate the breadth of information on this website.

I'm in the USN-R as an MN2 and PTS has finally come around to us. Initially I had no concern with it as I have proven my worth as a competent sailor to my unit with my Evals reflecting that (3.97 avg.), until I read the application. One specific part (#17) in particular worries me as it asks that all immediate family members be U.S. citizens. I'm a first generation U.S. citizen and while both my step-dad and mom have naturalized--my oldest sister is only a resident. The application specifically asks for all immediate family members to be U.S. citizens. With that in mind, am I automatically disqualified from reenlisting and/or commissioning? Also wanted to add that all my siblings are half-brothers/sisters, but I lived with them my entire life up until I enlisted at 17.

I have searched the web and this site and have not found an answer to this yet. I have no doubt in my mind I want to be a U.S. Navy Officer.

The requirement for all immediate family members to be US citizens depends on the officer designator, for the big ones Pilot/NFO/SWO it isn't a concern when you apply.

On the reenlisting side your CCC should be digging into this it should take him no time at all to get that answer.

jsm147

The requirement for all immediate family members to be US citizens depends on the officer designator, for the big ones Pilot/NFO/SWO it isn't a concern when you apply.

On the reenlisting side your CCC should be digging into this it should take him no time at all to get that answer.

Thank you for the prompt response, sir. Would you mind answering another question?
Is the STA-21 CEC option 4-year active duty requirement hard and fast? I've only ever been in the reserve component. I'm starting my package for FY'14 due to going to a JC as of now.

exNavyOffRec

Thank you for the prompt response, sir. Would you mind answering another question?
Is the STA-21 CEC option 4-year active duty requirement hard and fast? I've only ever been in the reserve component. I'm starting my package for FY'14 due to going to a JC as of now.

I couldn't tell you, that isn't my area of expertise.