• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ptosis

alpha6

A few years back I had some dry skin develop over my right eye, which caused my eye lid to retract differently. I didn't think it was a big deal but turns out because it was untreated it caused my eyelid to retract so now it hangs slightly lower than the other one.

I can make it appear normal when I want and most people don't notice.

My vision isn't affected, actually it's better than 20/20 according to my yearly eye exams.

Will this dq me from the class 1 medical?

I'm trying to get into Marine OCS.

Boog

Waiver Recommended
Would be strange for dry skin to cause ptosis or drooping eyelid. Usually caused by muscle damage or nerve problem. Ptosis itself may not be disqualifying (especially congenital type), but if is caused by another process (nerve disorder etc), it may be.

FlyinRock

I may not be the right one to ask here. I have the same problem and of late it seems to have gone away! I had eyelid surgery and given a do-over would not do it. My eyes are dry and I do eyedrops on a regular basis.
The eyelid surgery caused a change in the shape of the eyeball and fucked my vision. Would not do it again if given the chance/choice.
Now I am flying with a 3rd class flight physical which is fine for flight instruction but thats it. Why should I bitch anyway at my age? I'm lucky to be alive!!
Semper fi
Rocky