• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRT while at OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

albie

In The DEP, OCS April 9, 2005, Designator NFO
hello all,

Though this question is about the PRT I am more interested in the PRT while at OCS so I thought it was more appropriate to be put here. I am in the DEP and am just wondering how the PRT is conducted at OCS. When I was given the prt as part of my application to becoming an officer i was given only a minute between all three events: curl-ups, push-ups, and then the 1.5 mile run. I was reading on the official navy site (http://neds.daps.dla.mil/Directives/6110/seven.pdf) that you should get from 2-15 minutes between events...and though i don't care about the past because I did well enough to be where I am, I just want to know for OCS how the prt will be conducted so I know what I should be training for.

Thanks for any help,

Alex

tali264

you get enough time for a partner to do the exercise, them to give you some instructions/yelling and then you move on. If you are in the second group to go....you will obviously run with less of a break than if you were in the first group (since everybody runs together).

ip568

None
Sure has changed

When I went through in 1968 the PRT was a killer. One mile swim wearing flight gear in under 1 hour; 1.8 mile x-country course through sand in under 12 minutes; a horrible O course (all sand) in under 4:10. I barely made the pt part of AOCS (as it was then). Got us in shape for SERE School and the DWEST water-drag stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.