• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRT tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhollin1

Well folks, the day has come. I have the PRT tomorrow at 2:30pm. I am not as ready as I want to be, but who is. I think that I will do well, however. If anyone wants to offer some last minute advice I am all ears. Wish me luck!

thnx

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
Too late to sweat it now. Relax, get your sleep, and rely on your adrenaline to give you better numbers. Good luck.

rhollin1

Oh I'm not sweating it. Actually I'll do alot better than some people on this board, but just not as well as others. It competitive as hell. Anyway thanks and I'll let you know

grouch

Best wishes. Hey check this out, I haven't ran in a month due to illness and being lazy. Well I ran a mile this morning in 7:21 WOOHOO! Now all I gotta do is stretch it another half mile and I'll be set. My pre OCS goal is 11:00.

psrogers

Intel Officer
That is pretty fast. Monday I ran 4 and yesterday 5 miles, on about a 7:52 pace. I do PRT soon, not scheduled yet, but I want to get down to the 11:00-10:00 minute marks.

rhollin1

If you can get it to 11:00 before going you are going to be in a lot better shape then some of those guys. Just remember this! Make sure you run the 1 1/2 AFTER you max out your SU and PU. I found that I can run it in 11:10 by itself, however when I do the SU's and PU's first my run suffers a bit. Well more like 45 seconds.

grouch

Why does my push ups get jacked up? I have been able to do about 50 but lately it has been a real struggle to get 35? I haven't changed anything. Help!!!

Heineken

SNA Advanced, Meridian
Grouch~ What's up!! Make sure you are doing them as fast as you can..also proper breathing is a must. Inhale in the up position and exhale when pushing up from the down position. To prepare for OCS I'm doing 4 sets of 25 push-ups and sit-ups a day...after a while 100 of each will be routine.

leonsparx

grouch...
ive run into the same thing. taking a few rest days seems to help. i guess the muscles involved in push-ups take longer to rebuild than those in abdominal excercises.

rhollin1

Leonsparx is dead on! Your abs recover extremely fast and therefore can be worked everyday. Your chest, triceps, shoulders, and back need more rest to recover. I would recommend taking a day off if you are busting out more than 100 a day.

ChipK96

I'd suggest that only doing pushups every other day helps, like those before me have mentioned, your shoulders and arms take longer to recover than say your abs do.

Also, I'd kinda disagree with just doing pushups as fast as possible, doing any exercise like that will just tire you out too fast, just like with running you should establish a pace and stick to it. Personally I go for about one per second, theroetically then you could do 120 in a PRT and last time I checked that's plenty lol

Status
Not open for further replies.