• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRT during BDCP

infowarstudent

A summary is provided down at the bottom.

I have been in the program since August 2010, and I have done three Physical Readiness Tests so far. First one was applying for BDCP in May 2010, second was in November 2010 and third was in May 2010. I recall asking my recruiter at the time while applying (on my third recruiter now), when do the PRTs during BDCP get administered, which he said twice a year, every six months. I do realize you basically ignore what recruiters say and only what you are signing matters.

Regardless, I called my current recruiter on Friday just contact him twice a month as required, and he informs that the PRT will be happening this week (didn't say which day/time yet). Now this is news to me, since I was under the impression it was happening in November, since that was the pattern and what a previous recruiter told me. I haven't been active as of late due to summer work, and the last month I had a minor foot problem and flooding in the area. Anyways, I inform him of this, he said I would pass, basing his answer off of my previous PRT. But he also tells me that the scoring system has changed and there is no longer Good Low, Good Medium, Good High...etc just Good. But he didn't tell me the requirements yet.

I am wondering if anyone knows if the PRT has to be done every six months and what the new scoring system is.

tl;dr : Found out PRT is being done next week instead of November. Needs rules on PRT and newer scoring system.

Thank you.

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
PRT rules are just scratch all the categories. So Good Low becomes Good. Excellent Low becomes Excellent, etc.

That said, "I haven't been as active lately" isn't a good excuse. You're being paid as if you were an active duty sailor. You should be in shape like one.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
You should ask kindly that your Recruiter gives you a better heads up next time... Idk what your degree is but I know that if it is rigerous sometimes PT is not first priority.. But I guess 2-3 times of running and pushups and situps at least shouldn't be too hard to fit in the schedule..

BackOrdered

Contributor
If you don't practice scheduling PTing yourself now, it won't get any easier underway on deployments.

yakboyslim

None
My bit of advice here would be to get in shape, and stay in shape. I was in a similar situation for one PRT while I was in BDCP. I got my good low ultimately, but the fact that I was hovering around good-low did not help me when I got to OCS.

If you need forewarning to get a good-low then OCS is going to be rough. A good-low in the real world is not even close at OCS.

You are getting paid to PT and pass classes, and you are getting paid enough that you should be pretty good at both.

BTW here is the new instruction, standards are near the end. Also a little quote to consider from this instruction with regards to the PFA, " Physical fitness standards should be maintained constantly and consistently, not solely at the time of semi-annual testing."

http://www.navy-prt.com/files/6110.1J_-_Physical_Readiness_program.pdf