• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRT at OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumberphil

Selected PLC-C 186 Ground
Just out of curiousity. Have any of you who do get shin splints thought about getting orthotics? I've been a runner most of my life and I started getting shin splints about 6 months ago and finally decided to see a podiatrist for them. He's going to get me some orthotics that should take care of the pain. I know there are a few good brands of OTC orthotics out there that might help your problem. Also, refrain from doing calf raises or anything that might strengthen your calves because one cause of shin splints is an imbalance between the strength of the muscle on the back of the shin with the muscle on the front of the shin. Hope that helps.

Jake

version2point0

Originally posted by privateer
Ice? Does that help? Motrin 800mg will see you through!

arent we not allowed to take (non perscription) medicine while at ocs? i know we are at least not to have it on us (the whole contraband thing...) anyhoo, just my 2 cents.

-v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.