• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Promotions and resume padding

1navy9

Hi everyone! New ensign here. I just got to Pensacola and was wondering if there was anything to do while I wait for flight school that would benefit my career down the line. I was talking to some marines that said doing more MCMAP stuff looks really good when going up for a board so I was wondering if there was anything like that on the navy side other than just killing it in IFS/API/Primary. (also just kind of bored already with this wait time and need something to work on lol). Thanks! ?

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Hi everyone! New ensign here. I just got to Pensacola and was wondering if there was anything to do while I wait for flight school that would benefit my career down the line. I was talking to some marines that said doing more MCMAP stuff looks really good when going up for a board so I was wondering if there was anything like that on the navy side other than just killing it in IFS/API/Primary. (also just kind of bored already with this wait time and need something to work on lol). Thanks! ?

Nope, just kill it in IFS/API/Primary. If you badly need something productive to do, find whatever gouge the kids are using these days and look ahead at your IFS test or something

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Or why not just rest up/enjoy the free time before you have to hit the books?

It’s like asking how to get ahead of classes during summer/holiday break.

kejo

pilot
You're only Promotable up to O-3 anyway. That said, I volunteered with Habitat for Humanity during flight school post-Ivan/Katrina, which was great, but I didn't even bother to put it on my FITREPs. Needed some saintliness to balance out the sinning, if you catch my drift.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
You should do everything you can to get a black belt in MCMAP before you leave Pensacola. Even in the Navy no one makes O-4 without an impressive background in MCMAP

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Drink beer. Don't shoot birds. Don't fall off balconies. Get your scuba cert. And don't be in a rush to get married.
Don't wake up buck naked on the quad of one of the "A" school BEQs when you were supposed to be in API aero, then go to NCIS and claim you got roofied at Syphilis . . . I mean Seville Quarter.

That guy was a good dude whilst sober, but yeah . . .

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
You should do everything you can to get a black belt in MCMAP before you leave Pensacola. Even in the Navy no one makes O-4 without an impressive background in MCMAP
If, as an O-4, you can’t combine an ice cold leadership stare with a knife-hand point to silence some chief in a debate that has gone on too long you aren’t ready to lead.

Follow the advice of @Treetop Flyer