• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Promoted to 02 AND 03 in IRR?

GPeters86

Hey everyone,

I was discharged into the IRR in 2010 due to the backlog in the aviation pipeline. Since then I've been promoted twice - I got my LT letter a few days ago - and I have a few questions.

1. Is this something that happens generally? Since my discharge I've done everything required, but I'm not a drilling reservist (not SELRES) and essentially do nothing but go about my business. Yet I've gone from ENS to LT, if I accept.

2. Do I incur additional obligations if I accept?

Thanks!

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
One of my good buddies in the Army Reserve went thru the same thing. He eventually came back in to the SELRES and wore the new rank permanently. Now he's a Lieutenant Colonel. I'm not sure if he incurred a service commitment for excepting the rank but I'm guessing he didn't care since he went back to SELRES to finish his 20.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
No commitment for the promotion, but if you get 50 points, that will be a "good year" towards a reserve retirement. So... Click through the NKO's!

Mr.Innocent

IP Officer USNR
FYI until they come up with a work around starting AUG 5th NKO /ILE will be going to a new version called ETMDS this version is CAC only and IRR users will no longer have access. I think they will find a way to make it happen but I don't think it will be in the next week or so. If you are currently working on a course you better get it done.

Renegade One

None
Hey everyone,

I was discharged into the IRR in 2010 due to the backlog in the aviation pipeline. Since then I've been promoted twice - I got my LT letter a few days ago - and I have a few questions.
Why ask why? Isn't it all a "good thing"?
1. Is this something that happens generally? Since my discharge I've done everything required, but I'm not a drilling reservist (not SELRES) and essentially do nothing but go about my business. Yet I've gone from ENS to LT, if I accept.
Yes, I think it's "normal"…don't read too much into it...Sign the paperwork…be happy..it's all good.
2. Do I incur additional obligations if I accept? Thanks!
If that REALLY matters to you…then disregard my response above. Thought you may have wanted to go for "The Full Monty"…you know…world-class flight training…FRS training…fleet squadron service and deployments…yadda yadda yadda. If you just wanna "do your time"…you seem to be on a good track.

What was/is your "obligation"? Based on commissioned service or "post-wings"? I expect that would answer your question, although I doubt rank has much to do with it…but I could be wrong.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
FYI until they come up with a work around starting AUG 5th NKO /ILE will be going to a new version called ETMDS this version is CAC only and IRR users will no longer have access. I think they will find a way to make it happen but I don't think it will be in the next week or so. If you are currently working on a course you better get it done.

You can still go into the CNET/NETC/whatever they call themselves this year site and do courses that way. Not sure if all of the courses are there (I'm guessing not), but at least a lot of them are.