• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Professionally Reccomended for Supply Chain Mgmt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsom

After a few months of waiting I have finally recieved a professional reccomendation for a commision with the Naval Supply Corps, and now I'm trying to decide if I would find the four years benefecial and enjoyable.

I graduated in May 04 with a BS in Electrical Engineering, I had initially planned on pursuing a career in a computer related field, but after interviewing with various positions I felt that an engineering position was not what I want.

I've been working as an Electrical Engineer for an electrical company in New England for the past 3 months, and while the pay is very good, and benefits are great, I feel that its not a path that I want to continue following. However, I want to make my decision as independant as possible from my current situation.

I know very little about the program, what I'll be doing, or what my life will be like with the navy, and I'm looking for some insight from someone who has gone through the Supply Corps program.

Things like daily life, working hours, stress, length of time on the water, and how much time is spent on land. Vacation policy, life as a girlfriend at home and the types of provisions the Navy makes for married officers.

I would really like to speak with someone who has recently completed or who is currently in a supply program by phone, and if anyone would be willing to do so please send me an email with your phone number to wilsom (at) gmail.com. Otherwise, I'd be interested to read any comments that you guys post.

Thanks

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.