• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Process of redesignating

Status
Not open for further replies.

navy101

When somebody in a paid program gets npq'd during the nami medical in the first week of ocs and they have to redesignate what goes into that? Do they have to submit grades, college transcripts, astb scores, and prt scores to the new community so they can be accepted, do they say they want to be whatever and the Navy gives it to them, or does the Navy just place them somewhere. Any info helps. Thanks[:)

investmurr

Depends on your contract. If you are BDCP you are required to request 3 new designators and submit. If those communities are full you will walk. It is my understanding that most communities are full presently.

unfUSN

Originally posted by investmurr
Depends on your contract. If you are BDCP you are required to request 3 new designators and submit. If those communities are full you will walk. It is my understanding that most communities are full presently.

I wasn't in a paid program.. but it got NPQ'd during OCS and I was doing my package for redes at the same tie sone BDCP guys where. Basically you just write a Navy memo requesting a redes to up to 3 communites adn they send it out and if the communities like you they pick you up if not I don't know what happens.. we all got picked up. We did have to send in our ASTB scores and college transcrpits.

ENS Payne

One cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war
- Albert Einstein

navy101

Im in the BDCP and report to OCS oct. 4th. If I was to get npq'd and all communities are full the Navy will send me home. Even if they have invested over 30k in me. Why would they do that? Also, do people usually get picked by a new community when they redesignate or do they get sent home? Thanks for the replies.

unfUSN

I wouldn't imagine that the Navy would let you go if you got npq'd. They would find another communitee for you... you would just have to be tough on getting what you want. Don't let them bully you into taking something you don't want... like SWO!

ENS Payne

One cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war
- Albert Einstein

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
But in the end it will all boil down to the needs of the Navy. If they have a position open in the designator you want, you should get it. Remember, you will still have to compete for the position.
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

navy101

Compete with who? The people applying to ocs or people that are redesignating. Also, if I was npq'd I will be relying on the fact that I was in a paid program, and that the Navy will give me a new designation because of that regardless how competetive I was to other non paid people changing. I say that because the government does not give away free money and they want something in return from me.

investmurr

It Depends on your Degree. There are basically only two or three designators possibly open to BDCP or Program candidates. AMDO, Supply,Intel. Go to the respective Web sites and look for the pre-requisites. Most want a stong Business degree. Some require Calculus or other courses. If you received money they will do their best to redesignate you rather than let you walk. But word is out of P-Cola that all SNA's are full to 04' and most designators are full due to the patriotic and economic environment.

mattlowery

You compete with everyone basically. Most slots are filled up. And the new policy that just came out is sending people home basically if you NPQ, etc for any reason. They are not offering alternate designators if you are just regular OCS (no BDCP, etc). They are giving you a one way discharge home. This goes for anyone who does not complete their initial warfare training, such as dropping flight school, SWO, Intel, Supply, etc. No redesignating is the rule of thumb right now pretty much. There has been a lot of pushback to the recent policy though, and it may change a little, but not much i imagine. The Navy is full. And for those who are on BDCP, etc....the Navy will basically put you where they want you. It is not so much "don't let them put you in something you don't want like SWO"......they will put you where they need you, believe me.

Status
Not open for further replies.