• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

problems connecting to the site...

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-man

below is a screenshot of the message I very often get through the day when trying to access this forum. The message is from the corporate proxy/firewall. I'm not blaming this server yet. I know in the past something has been stated about IPv4 vs. IPv6 communication. I'm just curious if, telling from this screenshot. Is the issue on my network's end, or this forum server's end? I'm more apt to say my network firewall/proxy as I am behind a very very VERY secure corporate network. Just thought I'd throw the screeny up here and ask the powers that be here if they could shed any light on this issue. If nothing can be done, I'll live with it, but if something can be done, great :)

Attachments

• timeout.JPG
    timeout.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 68

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Only a guess, but sounds like excessive number of internet hops, creating long connect wait times. Security software does not like that.

Just try again and hope that the net provides better routes.

T-man

The Chief said:
Only a guess, but sounds like excessive number of internet hops, creating long connect wait times. Security software does not like that.

Just try again and hope that the net provides better routes.

that's what I've been resorting to the past few months... the F5 key has become my friend. I just thought there might be a better solution and so thought I'd ask :)

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
If that works, little question, the problem is excessive net hops. We are at the mercy of the Net routing scheme.

T-man

Machine said:
What timezone was that error message in?

Pacific

if you're looking at the time stamp in the image, it's off. I get this issue most consistantly through the mid-day hours (10:00 - 14:00).

Machine

Super *********
pilot
None
Site Admin
Ok, I think I've fixed this. Please let me know if you're still having an issue.

If anyone ever has problems connecting to the site, please write a post! It's an easy way to increase your post count ;)

T-man

Thanks Machine! you rock. I will say I have noticed a lack of the problem in the recent days. I don't know if that's due to reduced activity on my end (I've been a bit more busy here at work) or what. Just before you posted your response, I did notice it happen for a few minutes, but seems to have cleared up again for now. If it continues further I will certainly reply again.

Thank you for your efforts and for hosting this invaluable community!

Machine

Super *********
pilot
None
Site Admin
Yeah, that was probably the server rebooting that you happened to notice just before I posted that. Thanks for the report.

Status
Not open for further replies.