• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

pro rec'd question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldahla

hey,
getting pro rec'd means there is a pilot slot for you, right? you just have to pass further evaluations??

correct me if i'm wrong, they won't pro rec you if there is no slot open for you?

thanks!

kevin

absolutely incorrect. pro rec means nothing about a slot. it means the community likes you and thinks youre worthy. i wish what you thought was true, cause a bunch of us would be headed to flight school soon.

ldahla

so then do you have to send anything else in before the final selects if you are pro rec'd..?
what criteria do they look at to final select you if you are already pro rec'd?

how long does the wait after being pro rec'd take then?

ldahla

so i'm confused. they are selected about 14-15 people a month for pilot slots...then about how many people do they pro rec?

ldahla

so i'm confused. they are selecting about 14-15 people a month for SNA pilot slots...then about how many people do they pro rec?

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My recruiter told me back when I went through the application process that they would NOT professionally recommend you if there were no available slots. Why would the board waste their time looking over your app. if there were not any slots to give out? Surely the Navy isn't that illogical...

ldahla

that's what i thought--thats what i was told before too. pretty much the only way you wouldn't get in if you were already pro rec'd is if you failed the physical and background check.

spsiratt

24 April OCS
I think the confusion started just after the beginning of the new fiscal year (Oct). This is only what I've heard, so take it as such. When the CNP looked at retention rates and accessions for the new year, it was decided that there were too many people coming in and not enough going out. To fix the problem, they cut a bunch of slots that were previously available and filled by some pro rec's. Unfortunately, that meant that some people who had been pro rec'd and thought they had a slot saw their slot just go away and were not final selected. That was the quick fix and now they just have fewer slots available throughout the year.
Again, that's just what I've heard. From my time in the military and knowledge of personnel issues, it really does seem the most likely too.
Anyway, to answer the question... maybe things are back on track now and it's working like it's supposed to. You don't get a pro rec if there's not a slot.

kevin

that's probably correct. it used to be that you got pro recd and were a shoe-in unless you failed your physical or were a terrorist. that has since changed as they slashed sna slots. it's definitely not back to normal yet, as a couple of us on this site have been pro recd and recently non-select.

idahla: time from pro rec to ocs selection, a couple weeks or months or decades. normally it's a couple weeks, but is there really a standard anything when dealing with this stuff? my situation was different, but it took me about 9 months to hear non-select from pro rec (just in time for me to come to term with my child).

Status
Not open for further replies.