• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pro Rec'd need vision tips

Jeff-Miller

Got the call yesterday that I got pro rec'd for SNA. I had lasik when I was enlisted and am pretty sure that my vision is good to go, but a while back I ran across a post with vision tips. I used the search function and could only seem to find the vision requirements, not strategy for seeing better during the exam. If anyone could direct me to that post or give me some pointers that would be great. For all those that got good news in the past few days congrats, for all those that didn't never give up.

srqwho

pilot
Got the call yesterday that I got pro rec'd for SNA. I had lasik when I was enlisted...

Congrats on getting selected. Lasik? Is Lasik waiverable if you are a prior service member?

As far as improving your vision I would suggest drinking water until you feel like as soon as you hit the urinal and then go sit back down you need to go again... in other words keep hydrated and then some... helped me. Good luck.

srqwho

pilot
My bad I have no idea why I said Lasik, I meant PRK.

Okay good! I was a little concerned after reading your first post. I don't know if they helped, but my vision did improve after I started taking a vision supplement with lutein. It could have been continued healing from my PRK in Jan though. I also started taking bilberry as well. Honestly though, being hydrated is HUGE when it comes to vision. Make sure you drink a lot! Also at MEPS they will ask for a urine sample (with somebody watching) and sometimes that other presence causes some stage fright... so drinking a lot is also good from that perspective... I REALLY had to go when it was my turn, and there could have been an auditorium of people there and it wouldn't have bothered in the least.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Also, make you sure you are well rested when you go to take the test. Don't stay up the night before!

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Bilberry, Lutein and Cod liver oil caplets will all contribute to whatever eye-health you may be lacking. Most imporant thing before the exam is to HYDRATE (this includes the day before, not just an hour before) and SLEEP. Get at least 8 hours and you're golden. When looking at the chart, don't strain to "see". That just makes it worse. Relax, and blink as necessary to clear your eyes. If you had PRK, you'll be fine. As long as you're 20/40 or better and can correct to 20/20, you're golden.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
LEARN how to make tears. Lubrication of the eye is extremely important in ensuring the lens properties of the eye function properly.

nugget61

pilot
I got this product:
http://www.gnc.com/product/index.js...r=1&origkw=vision&kw=vision&parentPage=search
pGNC1-2332082nm.jpg

And I'm pretty happy with it. Has both Lutein and Bilberry. Personally, I think it's helped and now I have one everyday.