• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

pro rec to final selection for SNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

spr

about three weeks ago i was pro rec'd for sna. i have had a long go of trying to become a military pilot but have run into many obstacles along the way. i graduated last may and have been working to get to this point for about a year. i was hoping somebody would know on average about how long it takes to get word on final select and how likely the final select is. i have been reading alot of forums and it seems that the time between pro rec and final select varies based on designator/m.o.s. any info would help, thanks alot fellas

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Your time will vary, but I think it took a month or two before they gave me the final select. Honestly, it's been too long to remember exactly. Anyway, people say you're pretty much guaranteed a spot if you pass your medical exam, PFT, and EPSQ. However, as many people on this site will tell you, there are NO GUARANTEES. But since you've graduated and are likely going for the first available OCS date, I doubt they would have pro-rec'd you if they didn't actually have a spot. Good luck. Oh, and as far as an average timeframe, I would say 5-7 weeks.

spr

hopefully that first available date will be really quick. the fin docs went out about 2.5 weeks ago and i had already been flight qualified with my physical the marines had me do at an NAS. waivers i got in the marines apparently have to be re-reviewed but should suffice. do you or anybody have any idea about how open upcoming ocs classes are. i am chomping at the bit and could leave tomorrow if they told me to. thanks for the insight bcgeib.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have no idea how open or closed classes. You have BDCP people assigned to classes as far as 3 years in advance, and there isn't a good way for everyday people like you and me to keep up with how full each OCS class gets. Also, you have to remember that it's not just SNAs and SNFOs who have to go. Everyone who wasn't ROTC or Academy must go through OCS (except people going for JAG, medical, or chaplain corps). That's a LOT of people.

spr

found out two days ago that i was final select...what a relief. when do you class up ben...are you still waiting to graduate at A&M? Gig'em

angelj

I'm waiting on final selection as well, and am thrilled. My recruiter informed me that the last several people he has had through final selection ended up with OCS dates in June through August. I hope that helps.

Gig'em Ags

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
spr - I graduate in August (six hours to take this summer) and head out to Pensacola in October. What's your OCS date?

Status
Not open for further replies.