• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pro rec question

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
I never did I ask my OPO this, but does anyone know why you would not be pro rec'd? Assuming everything is straight with your package, why would someone not get it? I'm not trying to make this a 'what are my chances' type of thing, just wondering if anyone here happens to know.

Thanks Guys,

Josh

nugget81

pilot
Getting a pro rec is the hardest part of the BDCP process. If you get one, you should be pretty much in - given that you don't lie on your application or screw the pooch on PFT or EPSQ. There are many reasons why one may not get a pro rec - here's a few:
1. Navy doesn't need you for certain positions or the timeframe applied for
2. Your package isn't competitive enough (low ASTB scores, low GPA, etc) for the position(s) applied for
3. Your letters of recommendation don't paint the best picture of you
4. "You're name ain't the best in the Navy..."
5. Any combination of the above, or anything else that the selection board may decide and I didn't think of...

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
Thanks for the info. Sent mine out last week, just playing the waiting game and didnt think to ask this of the OPO.

Thanks again,

Josh

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
On top of what nugget was saying, i'd like to reiterate, it is a simple game of timing and numbers. You will be compared against others that submitted their package, and you will all be "competing" for a given number of slots. The slots can change drastically from year to year, as well as the competitiveness of the applicants.