• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRK fo Blue 21

Calcutta126

Gay guitar pickers don't turn me on
I go to a minority school and would qualify for the Blue 21 flight initiative. Because Coasties, Marines and Sailors are all considered Naval Aviators, I am under the impression that PRK is waiverable for that program. I cannot find any literature to confirm that assumption and the Coastie recruiters here have no interest in helping me out since I am only considering going officer. Help?

Staubb00

I go to a minority school and would qualify for the Blue 21 flight initiative. Because Coasties, Marines and Sailors are all considered Naval Aviators, I am under the impression that PRK is waiverable for that program. I cannot find any literature to confirm that assumption and the Coastie recruiters here have no interest in helping me out since I am only considering going officer. Help?

I'm surprised you can't get any help from the recruiters, mine put a ton of time into helping me with my OCS packet.

Anyways I just went through the application process/interviews for the 06-09 class so I'll just tell you what I know. PRK is acceptable for CG aviation, however naturally there is an extensive waiver process (and I think a 3 month waiting period after the surgery). When I was at my OCS interview the Lt. on the panel cautioned me not to go out and get PRK as a civilian, but try to get to OCS first and then go through the process. I'm not sure how that would affect Blue 21... I don't qualify because of my college's lack of minority students. I guess I'm not overly concerned because I just want to be a CG officer first and if I can get a flight school billet that's just the icing on the cake :D