• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRK and TBS pickup...

twalton

I have orders to go to TBS Sept 8th and I am currently working PTAD for my recruiter. I want to get PRK now so i can compete for an air contract when I get to TBS. If I get it now then am I going to be sitting in Mike company until my 6 months of healing time is up? Or can I go ahead and pickup with Golf? I've heard some rumors so I am looking for a definitive answer. Thanks a lot.

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
When I was in Mike, I had a roommate that had PRK done before he reported in for TBS. They made him wait until six months had passed until he started, but this was about 2.5 years ago.

twalton

That's what I heard from a buddy who is there now...but I have not heard anything about it before then so I might try to push my TBS date back. Thanks for the quick response

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
You will most likely sit in Mike. There are too many LTs that don't have a med issue that need to pick up. And you don't want to be in mike waiting throughout the winter. Alpha is a while away, and Bravo doesn't pick up until Jan...

twalton

Here is another question now, my OSO told me today he isn't sure if it is legal for me to get PRK since I am now property of the government and working PTAD until TBS. He said he is going to look in to it and see but he is going to be traveling tomorrow so I am not expecting an answer. My consultation visit is tomorrow so I am looking for another quick response. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.