• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prior enlisted records

bosaviator79

I'm curious, did any other prior enlisted have to wait an extended period of time for thier records (converted to micro-fiche) to be sent from VA in St. Louis? This maybe isolated to AF only but not sure. My recruiter advised that it could be up to 4 weeks, which obviously blows because I'd like to submit ASAP, but I'll deal. If anyone else has encountered this let me know and what period of time it took. Thanks

joshmf

I'm curious, did any other prior enlisted have to wait an extended period of time for thier records (converted to micro-fiche) to be sent from VA in St. Louis? This maybe isolated to AF only but not sure. My recruiter advised that it could be up to 4 weeks, which obviously blows because I'd like to submit ASAP, but I'll deal. If anyone else has encountered this let me know and what period of time it took. Thanks

Which records are you referring to? Medical records, or others like your DD-214, etc? I had copies of my DD-214s, which you should have as well, but I did not have copies of my medical records (which I should have kept with me.)

My recruiter submitted a request to retreive my medical records, but after a week or two with no response receiving them he submitted my package without them. I was still accepted despite not having all of my enlisted medical records, so it may not be an issue. AFAIK, the medical records from my enlisted time are deep in some vault in Kansas and will never see the light of day again. Government b'cracy at it's best ;).

bosaviator79

Sorry thought I put medical records, but yes you are correct! Thanks alot. I've got a letter composed to the Med. Exam.,my rec. and I decided to submit it to him in leiu of the actual records. How did your recruiter get around having you get the physical and performing the PRT without the meds? My rec. won't allow me to do either until we submit the letter and/or have the medical records.

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
I didn't have my medical records and had no problem. When I out processed from my base they gave me my old records which I gave to NAMI when I showed up for OCS.

bosaviator79

The AF didn't provide me my records when I sperated. From what I have been told, the records are converted to fiche, then sent to the VA. I seperated in 2002, so I'm sure they've been in St. Louis for a while now. I'll talk to my rec. and see if he can get clarification on what we can and can't do.

joshmf

Sorry thought I put medical records, but yes you are correct! Thanks alot. I've got a letter composed to the Med. Exam.,my rec. and I decided to submit it to him in leiu of the actual records. How did your recruiter get around having you get the physical and performing the PRT without the meds? My rec. won't allow me to do either until we submit the letter and/or have the medical records.

Well you should do what your recruiter tells you to do. My recruiter didn't worry about it, so I ran the PRT and went to MEPS a few weeks later w/o records or a letter. A new medical record jacket was created at MEPS and I believe sent to OCS as well, so I have new medical records now. I'm not going to worry about adding my old records to my new records and straightening everything out until after OCS. I won't get into that cluster-fk until I'm getting paid to care about it.