• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary Attrition USMC (what to expect)

Mikey Curtis

Semperfly
For better or for worse, I'm looking at attrition from primary. I've looked all over the forums and was unable to find any gouge specifically for Marines on what the process looks like for attrition after the commodore gives the final word. Thanks for taking the time.

Here's what I'd like to know:
  • What the process looks like
  • What are some marketable MOS's
  • What the resignation board is looking at when it makes a decision and how I can improve my chances of selecting something in my top 3.
  • Is prior enlisted experience considered when redesignating

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I can't answer any of your questions unfortunately. But I wish you the best of luck with your transition.

John

Johny0nThaSp0t

pilot
For better or for worse, I'm looking at attrition from primary. I've looked all over the forums and was unable to find any gouge specifically for Marines on what the process looks like for attrition after the commodore gives the final word. Thanks for taking the time.

Here's what I'd like to know:
  • What the process looks like
  • What are some marketable MOS's
  • What the resignation board is looking at when it makes a decision and how I can improve my chances of selecting something in my top 3.
  • Is prior enlisted experience considered when redesignating
Dude, sorry to hear it. I would first talk to your squadron's senior Marine. Every squadron should have one. If that doesnt work, call the MOC over at MATSG. He should be able to counsel you on all of that stuff. Good Luck.