• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prepping for the ASTB-E

Patrick Ellis

Joined this forum way long ago before I enlisted rather than earn a commission out of college (very long story, not here to give my life’s details)

I am currently serving in the submarine community as a Nav ET and I’m putting my officer package together. Before I get too far into my the officer application process (focusing on NFO) I want to make sure I go into the ASTB-E as confident as possible. I’ve read TONS of information on how to do well on the ASTB. I’m not too entirely worried about the OAR portion of it, the math and mechanical topics have been coming back to me at a pretty good rate. I’m having an issue where to focus my study time in what makes up the aviation portion of it as a whole. Like I said, I’ve seen a lot of material on here, tips and tricks, etc. I just don’t want to look at any aviation concepts that may be outdated, have discrepancies, or may have changed over the last couples years that could throw me into a surprise going into the exam. One thing I’ve learned about being on a submarine is when you do something, do it right the first time and that’s what I am holding myself to when it comes to prepping/taking this exam so I can be as competitive as possible when I submit my officer package.

Thank you all in advance for any advice you may give!

exNavyOffRec

Joined this forum way long ago before I enlisted rather than earn a commission out of college (very long story, not here to give my life’s details)

I am currently serving in the submarine community as a Nav ET and I’m putting my officer package together. Before I get too far into my the officer application process (focusing on NFO) I want to make sure I go into the ASTB-E as confident as possible. I’ve read TONS of information on how to do well on the ASTB. I’m not too entirely worried about the OAR portion of it, the math and mechanical topics have been coming back to me at a pretty good rate. I’m having an issue where to focus my study time in what makes up the aviation portion of it as a whole. Like I said, I’ve seen a lot of material on here, tips and tricks, etc. I just don’t want to look at any aviation concepts that may be outdated, have discrepancies, or may have changed over the last couples years that could throw me into a surprise going into the exam. One thing I’ve learned about being on a submarine is when you do something, do it right the first time and that’s what I am holding myself to when it comes to prepping/taking this exam so I can be as competitive as possible when I submit my officer package.

There is a thread titled ASTB, look at that, you will probably find your answers there

Check 1001 questions for the ASTB, Here is 400ish pages, and there is plenty of updated info on the ASTB. I took mine in October, and you can check my profile for my long debrief on my test taking experience.

NavyFanatic32

Hey all, just scored a 44 on the OAR. I am looking to apply to supply which minimum is 45. What is the odds that I can get a OAR waiver?