• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Post-RAG

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmc9280

Frumby or ayone else,
Sorry if this is a dumb question but what are the chances of being sent to an overseas squadron, regardless of pipeline, as a first tour after flight training? The reason I ask is my wife will be finishing the last year or so of an online PhD. program that can only be done in the U.S. I wasn't sure what the procedure was. I would love to go overseas after she finished but if I ended up in Japan after RAG my wife would have to stay back in the states until she was finished with school. Thanks for your help.

Kevin

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Japan, as I understand, is more of a by request slot. I'm considering only Hercs with that statement. I know there are helo squadrons on "The Rock" but I don't know if they are rotational detachments or squadrons. In 3 years of doing selection boards, I sent only 2 guys to Iwakuni to fly F-18's. In other words, you have an excellent chance to stay in CONUS after the RAG. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

kmc9280

Thank you so much for all the help. This site is like none I've found anywhere else. I truly appreciate the help and advice from everyone and I will continue to frequent this forum throughout training to help others as you have done for me. Thanks again.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.