• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Post OCS NFO Timeline (NIFE)

soccerman816

I was hoping for some realistic insight for the timeline to leave Pensacola. Hypothetically, I live in Pensacola already and have been debating purchasing a home. The timeline is really the biggest “thing” up in the air. I was selected for SNFO and go to OCS in August. I have SNFO friends in school here now and they have been here 18 months. They have not gone through the new NIFE protocol which I believe I will be subject to. Pending satisfactory completion and no self induced setbacks, What is a realistic timeline to leave Pensacola after OCS? With/without COVID factored in if you have an insight into that.

plosky1

None
Nobody has been here 18 months. It's noticeably slower but I started Primary after a year and expect to finish within this year. So 2 years.

flgator92

None
Depends... best case (time-wise), if you select a maritime patrol platform as your gaining aircraft you'll report to NASC for NIFE now, and then fly with the "Wildcats"of VT-10 in the T-6A, and then report to the "Warbucks" of VT-4 for intermediate/advanced, where you'll learn sensor management in the Multicrew Simulator. That's a shorter syllabus where it'll take 1 1/2-2 years. In contrast, if after primary flight training attached to VT-10, you're selected for the strike/fighter syllabus, you'll stay attached to VT-10 for the intermediate syllabus flying the T-6A, and after satisfactory completion, you'll fly with the "Sabrehawks" of VT-86 where you'll fly the T-45C Goshawk for advanced with your gaining aircraft as either a Rhino or Growler. This is a much longer and more demanding syllabus which, these days, seems to be taking 2 - 2 1/2 years.