• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Post Moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
So are the Mods now deleting all rhetorical question post?

I asked rhetorically what people did before they had the internet to rely on for their hopes, dreams and decisions. It did not say “OP, what did you...” so in any other way call out any individual. It was a generic, inquiry that did not attack anyone.

It was deleted. What TOS did it violate?

Guess that Mod is scared someone will discover the guiding force in his life.... internet opinions....

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dude, it was a troll post, and your second in that thread that added zero value where a dude was wanting to ask about joining the USMC. I didn’t delete it, but support the mod that did. Honestly, the mod did you a favor by not letting you look like a complete a$$.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
If you say so. I say it’s a valid rhetorical question expressing my point of view about what the internet has done to personal initiative, decision making ability and personal responsibility. Every wants to cuddled and validated by strangers. Great traits for military officers.

But what TOS did it violate?

Last edited:

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you say so. I say it’s a valid rhetorical question expressing my point of view about what the internet has done to personal initiative, decision making ability and personal responsibility.
Cool, then start a thread about that in the war zone and don’t hijack some college kid’s post.

But what TOS did it violate?
The ‘don’t be an old weirdo that harasses people that want to join the military 40 years after you did’ clause. (It’s in the fine print.)

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
So in other words, Mods are now deleting post they just don’t like or agree with.

Good to know.

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
So in other words, Mods are now deleting post they just don’t like or agree with.
Nope. Those are your words, not other words.

Your (two) posts added zero value to the the thread and in fact detracted from its original purpose. Only one was moderated. I see that this issue was so important to you that you have yet to address it by creating a thread on what 'the internet has done to personal initiative, decision making ability and personal responsibility'. Please start a thread to address that issue as you see fit. That wasn't the place for it and absolutely no one is preventing you from starting that thread. I expect that won't happen.

Last edited:

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
In the interest of transparency:

Happy 4th of July everyone,
I am trying to become a pilot in the USMC, I've been working at it a couple months now and almost have all the documents and paperwork done. I ran a 297 PFT recently, I scored a 56, 7, 8, 7 on the ASTB-E test, and I have strong letters of recommendation. But I will be 28 1/2 years old when I go on my first selection board, I've had two surgeries in the past (shoulder and hernia, of which I have completely recovered and am strong in those areas) and I graduated college with only a 2.4 GPA. I am interested in hearing your opinions about my chances at getting selected. Thanks
42%

Next....
I am sure people will be telling you to search the forums first for answers before making your own thread. giving you a heads up already
What did people do before we had the internet to soothe our insecurities, make us feel good and give us hope?

NavyOffRec

I will add my .02 to this, in many post I have seen people respond with 42%, sure new people won't get it right away and if I was that kid I would probably be confused until I searched around.

I think his second post could actually be a valid question, don't know if it was meant to be or not, but before the internet people would actually talk to each other face to face, actually talk to their recruiter to get what a person would hope to be valid info. I feel that we as society need to step away from electronic devices more often and get more face to face time. I can't tell you how often I have seen people get bent out of shape on an email exchange because one person was trying to be funny and it was not picked up by the other person causing people to get upset with each other, in person you can not only hear but see the facial expressions and see if the person is really trying to be funny or if they are just being an ass.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I think his second post could actually be a valid question, don't know if it was meant to be or not,
It was a rhetorical question meant to illustrate a point. It was posted as a serious question for all the internet generation to think about.

But it seems the Mods are now moderating based on their prejudices and likes/dislikes.

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I hooked you up. Since it was misinterpreted as directed toward the OP and therefore a non-relevant and a distraction to the thread, I made your own thread with the question for all to consider. Enjoy!

Last edited:

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I hooked you up. Since it was misinterpreted as directed toward the OP and therefore a non-relevant and a distraction to the thread, I made your own thread with the question for all to consider. Enjoy!

In other words, you're once again abusing your Mod status to enforce your opinions. Another abuse Mod powers. Fuck you.

Status
Not open for further replies.