• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Possible NPQ from FRS

fishyfish

pilot
I started the FRS back in August at -101. I'm a Navy guy and I was just wanting an opinion from a doc or someone that was experienced in redesignations. I have AVN in both hips caused by a use a steroids during chemo for testicular cancer. I just had a left hip core decompression to hopefully! fix my problems, but it's only 50/50. Could any doc give me some advice on whether or not I stand a chance and obtaining yet another waiver? Also, if anybody could give me some advice on having to redesignate from the FRS I would much appreciate it.

Thanks for the help

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
I started the FRS back in August at -101. I'm a Navy guy and I was just wanting an opinion from a doc or someone that was experienced in redesignations. I have AVN in both hips caused by a use a steroids during chemo for testicular cancer. I just had a left hip core decompression to hopefully! fix my problems, but it's only 50/50. Could any doc give me some advice on whether or not I stand a chance and obtaining yet another waiver? If anybody could give me some advice on having to redesignate from the FRS I would much appreciate the advice.

V/r
"Amy" Fisher

I can't comment on the medical end other than to say good luck, but if you are looking to stay in the aviation world there is AMDO (1520) and you also would have a chance at AEDO (I know a couple guys permanently med-down in the community who transferred after they went down). Obviously you couldn't get any of the flying billets but there would be plenty of program management opportunities and you could set yourself up nicely for the civilian world.

WALI_1980

I started the FRS back in August at -101. I'm a Navy guy and I was just wanting an opinion from a doc or someone that was experienced in redesignations. I have AVN in both hips caused by a use a steroids during chemo for testicular cancer. I just had a left hip core decompression to hopefully! fix my problems, but it's only 50/50. Could any doc give me some advice on whether or not I stand a chance and obtaining yet another waiver? If anybody could give me some advice on having to redesignate from the FRS I would much appreciate the advice.

V/r
"Amy" Fisher

I'm sorry to hear about you having to go through this and wish you all the best and hope you get to stick to this dream job.
I was NPQ'd back in 05 from primary and was completely devastated and for someone to actually get winged and then get NPQ would be worse.
However, it has happened before and I actually know of a guy from VFA-131 who came over to the Intel Community after being NPQ'd. Also had a Prowler ECMO in my intel class back in 06.

All the Best.

R/