• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Poor showing by HMX crew

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Would it have killed the two Marines in the background to help POTUS with his jacket instead of just standing there?
Why were they so impolite? Jesus.
Chuck, I’m certain there are rules the Marines must follow and were not being impolite, just doing their job (of standing by the hatch and rendering honors).

Side note: have you ever faced the wrath of an angry senior enlisted Marine?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
…Side note: have you ever faced the wrath of an angry senior enlisted Marine?
I’m not @ChuckMK23 …but I have faced the wrath of angry senior enlisted Marines during AOCS…so I get what you’re saying, dude.

LATE ENTRY: Obviously @ChuckMK23 does NOT get it and I recommend that you [as a super moderator] issue him AW EMI.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I don't know - if I see an 80 year old dude in the parking lot struggling, I help.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
I don't know - if I see an 80 year old dude in the parking lot struggling, I help.
I wouldn’t…could be a trap…80 year old dude could be baiting you…he may have a bazooka, Kung Fu Grip, or something along those lines. Don’t be a sheep! Be a sheepdog!

ChuckMK23

pilot
Their orders are to tend to the aircraft, Uninvited interactions with the principles (in this case CIC) is frowned upon.
If say the crew Chief offered to assist Mrs. Biden off the Aircraft he would have the issue addressed to him later.
Interesting. Did not know those were boundaries...

Highlander51

I'll fly away O glory
Chuck, I’m certain there are rules the Marines must follow and were not being impolite, just doing their job (of standing by the hatch and rendering honors).

Side note: have you ever faced the wrath of an angry senior enlisted Marine?
I think it’s probably safe to assume the marines involved were not helping not because they didn’t want to but because they have extremely strict orders on what to do/not to do around POTUS. Plus they probably assumed that he was capable of putting his jacket on.

VMO4

When I was in A- school, the top graduate was always offered orders to HMX-1. He was also then carefully warned by a senior NCO about be careful what you asked for, for it was a level of micro management in how to act 24 hours a day that was such pain that going to Yuma was a drastic improvement in quality of life.

Last edited:

ChuckMK23

pilot
For some context, have an office mate who spent almost all his AF career flying SM C-20 Gulfstream out of JB Andrews, flying FLOTUS, and cabinet, etc. Crew frequently engaged and assisted pax casually. "Let me help you with that Sir..."

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
When I was in A- school, the top graduate was always offered orders to HMX-1. He was also then carefully warned by a senior NCO about be careful what you asked for, for it was a level of micro management in how to act 24 hours a day that was such pain that going to Yuma was a drastic improvement in quality of life.
I once heard a Gunny threaten some one with assignment to NAS Adak washrack.