• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pony Time

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I'm just finishing up the process of "up-grading" my AR collection and god help me, after years of resisting I've added a couple of Colt's to the safe.

Colt 6920's are the closest thing that you can buy to an issued M4, right down to the worthless M-203 cut in the barrel. My resistance to Colt has never really been about hardware it's been about attitude.

For years Colt worked hard at proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that they gave not one shit about what the civilian market wanted. Not only that, if you wanted a Colt AR you had to put up with screwed up hinge pins, oversized fire control pins, half moon bolt carriers and that god awful sear block. All designed to keep us nasty civilians and potential felons from sucombing to the urge to break the law by illegally converting a Colt to full auto. Years ago when they started all that crap I stopped buying Colts.

Long story short it seems like Colt cares about the civilian market again. When they removed the sear block I started paying attention. When they moved to standard fire control pins in the 6920 I finally decided to own a Pony again. This despite Colt's insistance in putting that stupid "Restricted Military/Law Enforcement Use Only" roll mark on the magwell. The first LE 6920 I bought ended up in Meridian (OCS graduation present). The second I still have in unfired condition but it will go to Sgt Rocketman soon for his promotion.

That leaves none for me so I decided to buy myself one. My timing is great because they now offer a "Magpul model" SP 6920. The MP SP 6920 not only comes from the factory with Magpul furniture but it also does away with all of the Law Enforcement Only and Sporter roll mark mumbo jumbo.

The roll mark says "M4 Carbine" and nothing else... just like it should. They also added "safe and fire" on the weak side for the left handed shooters out there.

If you've ever thought about buying a Colt AR now is the time. You can get one for under $1100 out the door right now and it doesn't get much better than that. (google Colt 6520 if you like pencil thin barrels as I do)

New Colt Magpul SP 6920
DSCN0940.jpg
DSCN0941.jpg

Old Colt LE 6920
DSCN0944-1.jpg

DSCN0943.jpg

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
The crappy part about those sear blocks is that it was a bit harder to add a custom trigger. Lots of careful work with a dremel tool.

Nice gun, BTW.