• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLS HELP NOMI TOOK MY OCS SLOT AWAY 4 DAYS B 4 OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Ok folks .... get this CRAP!!!

It's 4 days until OCS, I've quit my job and prepared everything. My recruiter calls and says that NOMI has denied my medical because even though my anthro measurments are WITHIN LIMITS, I can only fit into an F-18 so they will not approve my medical and therfore I cannot attend OCS. Needless to say I AM REALLY REALLY SHOCKED AND PISSED OFF!!!!!!

If anyone knows of anyone or anything that may be able to help me PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! My recrutier says that he is trying his best to fight this but that NOMI is not budging. Thanks in advance and to all you that I will be missing on Sunday ..... PLEASE understand what a wonderful opportunity you have and make the best of it!

Peace,

-Spin

KTHOR

Spin, sorry to hear that just keep on em. I too am supposed to leave for 184 on Sunday, but yesterday I got a call from my OSO, and he says that PCola still hasn't aproved my PRK stuff. I have a waiver, but I guess that they want more. So I'm sitting here on standby waiting to see if I leave or not. Keep me posted on what happens.

jaerose

I agree...sounds like you can sue for damages, breech of contract, lost wages etc. Whomever pulled that crap is in for a world of, um, stuff.

JR

AZSkegee

I don't know how far suing the US Navy will get you, but when I did my physical as a civilian in 01 the Naval doctor told me that my eyes which were 20/30 were only good for non-fighters. Based on that incidence I think it would be fair to say that each plane has its own stipulations. I dont agree with what happened to you from my opinion of what you said, it is unfortunate. good Luck and I hope you get this matter disposed quickly peace.

NavyLonghorn

Anyone tired of people asking you how your eyes are when you say you are going to be a pilot? I think that question takes second place behind.. "If you are going to be a pilot.. why dont you join the airforce?"

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Major bummer Spin! I know you are pissed. Just don't do the lawyer thing. These guys don't know what thy are talking about. It is just the default position of our society. Not happy, sue someone. Sit and read every letter of your contract and EVERY paper you signed. Not withstanding all the legal reasons you can't sue for something like this is the fact that any promise made to you was based on you being physically qualified, among other things. You may have been unfortunately disqualed at a late date, but it has been worse. Used to be they did that stuff to guys after they reported and had their heads shaved. It does sound fishy. Biggest concern is usually ejection seats. Hard to believe you don't fit a P-3, E-2 or most helos. Work within the system, AGRESSIVELY! Don't be satisfied with your recruiter calling. I'm sure he wants you in, but you need muscle. Ask for the NRD CO to intervene. Any senior officers on active duty you know call them. Try NOMI yourself after the NRD makes their inquiries. Be respectful, but forceful. Ask them for help. Get specifics. Don't threaten anyone, especially with lawyers or congressmen. If you do get it turn over it will take awhile. Good luck, keep us posted.

Sammie

There are always several people in training that are single pipeline limited. I am not sure how they get it approved. The most common limitation is being able to fit in everything but a Prowler.

bisouss69

They should reclass you into another designator....they do that when you fail out of flight school. You probably can sue the gov since you technically are not in the US NAVY - not a gov employee.

digger

There is a speed limit when taxing officer?
Does anyone know an OPNAV number or any other instructions that states what measurements are suitable for what airframe? Just out of curiosity what are your anthropometric measurements?

KTHOR

Froghead1, I had the PRK Dec. 02. Took my flight physical and have been good to go. I've been selected as SNA for class 184. I'm supposed to find out tomorrow the final answer. Hopefully it is all hype.

twidget

Deskaholic
Originally posted by digger
Does anyone know an OPNAV number or any other instructions that states what measurements are suitable for what airframe? Just out of curiosity what are your anthropometric measurements?

Digger,

Here's the OPNAVINST, but it doesn't get down to specifics:
http://neds.nebt.daps.mil/directives/3710%5F37.pdf

However, the NOMI site lists measurements: http://www.nomi.med.navy.mil/Nami/WaiverGuideTopics/exams.htm#sna

Don't give up Spin!
spin_125.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.