• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Please Read: Air Warrior's SOP and OPSEC

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
AW Sticker.jpg

Everyone,

Thanks for continuing to make AW's one of the best military forums on the web. The forum continues to grow, and we generally average 100-200 guests and registered user online at any given time. Statistics are roughly 1.7M page views per month, with over 118k visitors to the website. We are headed into the peak months for the website, with college graduations and service selection, and another generation of aviators headed to Pensacola. Already we have gotten many new registered users on the website, posting great first posts, and contributing their experiences working towards their commission.

A couple of admin items for everyone:

1. Unregistered users. A majority of our visitors never register, or "lurk" for years before finally registering and making a post. This website has been created to help promote a career as a Naval, Marine or Coast Guard Officer, specifically for pursuing a career in Naval Aviation. In addition, the website provides an avenue for military members to network and discuss military and aviation topics of interest. Finally, the website is here to support both parents and significant others with the demands placed on them while their loved ones pursue their training. In summation, this website is here for YOU. We have a broad enough base of people networking, going through the process, Fleet aviators and retired that there is someone on this website that can provide some feedback and guidance. Many questions have been asked before, but items do change over time.

Advice for the first post:
  • Spend some time researching the forum to see if your question has been asked before
  • Fill out your profile with at least some basic information
  • You are dealing with professionals, common courtesy and correct spelling/grammar will go a long way towards getting your question answered
Everyone here wants to see you succeed or help answer your questions. What are you waiting for? Stop lurking and register now.

2. Registered Users. You all are the reason the website keeps going, and why in many cases I bother to keep it running. There has been a definite change over recent years as the demographics of the website have changed to include more communities (SWO, IW, Supply, Intel, etc) and other services (AF and Army). Additionally, what used to be college students seeking SNA/SNFO slots or a commission, are now LCDRs approaching their DH tour. The website is routinely browsed by Admirals and COs, with a few of them taking the time to post insight into communities and issues we face. I ask that we not forget the purpose of the website, and continue to help the next generation of commissioned officers. We have countless college students and enlisted personnel on this site daily trying to get where we are at. Resist the urge to berate a first time poster with "use the search function". If you have the time to post that, you probably have the time to point them in the right direction and get them started out on the website. And no, I am not advocating a "kindler/gentler Airwarriors", I have just seen a rise lately in beating down the new poster (with a few exceptions).

3. AIRWARRIOR'S STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES (SOP). For the new users, take a read through this post, it is a one stop compilation of all the ins and outs of the website. Remember, this website has been online for 11 years, and has developed its own "rock tumbler" process with regards to posting and interacting on the website.

4. OPSEC AND INFOSEC. We treat both VERY seriously on the website. I will coordinate with NCIS to the full extent possible if you post classified or material and information you shouldn't. If you are unfamiliar with the military's OPSEC and INFOSEC policies, please visit the link for more information. Remember, if in doubt on whether to post something, DON'T!

Thank you for your time. As always, if you have any issues on the forum, recommendations or suggestions, please don't hesitate to drop me an email or PM.

John